There aren't too many people out there you can live in total peace with, never muttering a single bad word about them while they're not in your presence. That doesn't mean, however, that you shouldn't live with anyone - or be happy!
Below are five important steps you can use to not only learn how to handle 'annoying' roommates, but overbearing parents, siblings, teenaged children - and just people in general.
1. Don't be so sensitive. Maybe your roommates -- or whoever you live with -- are rude, annoying, loud, messy, etc. But you don't have to let yourself lose your peace just because someone else behaves badly! Calm down - besides, you're probably pretty annoying yourself.
2. Be patient. Perhaps your roommate is trying to get their life straightened out - the last thing you want to do is throw your hands up and start yelling at them because they're not exactly where they need to be. Just be patient!
3. Keep to yourself. If your situation is really bad, just keep to yourself. Don't participate in whatever negative activities are going on around you.
4. Treat others the way you'd like to be treated. REALLY! It's an old one but it's very, very effective.
5. If all else fails, or you just can't take it anymore, start saving your money and get a cheap place of your own - but don't sacrifice the quality of the neighborhood just because you're broke. Stay away from high crime-rate areas. The last thing you need is your apartment robbed while you're at work.